On Being a Mompreneur - Novo Empire

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, December 4, 2017

On Being a Mompreneur


Mompreneur



I made the big decision to switch from being a full-time mom to being a mompreneur. Naturally, my principle in life is to give my kids a full-growing support they need. But as time went on, we experience hard life since my husband had laid off from work. This forced me to look for another alternative for income. My family is into the food business. I also helped my sister manage her cafe and then later, I have a catering business but since my work experience, as a private tutor had nothing to do with business, I encountered too many technical and legal difficulties. I came to Global Link and they made me run my business smoother and easier.


In my earlier months and years in my business, there are really times that I really cried out of frustrations. I didn't know how to address the needs of my clients, especially those clients that are testing your capacity. They are difficult clients, most have unreasonable demands and as the one who is on the frontline of our catering business, I resolve those issues. I even encounter those type of customer that back-out on the deal at the very last minute. I am glad I was able to make her change her mind because it would be such a big loss for us had she really back-out since ingredients are already purchased and everything is already prepared. Those are one of my stories with the different clients I have, but here I am, still tough standing in this battle.


When I heard my son complaining about certain clients, on how difficult they are, and etc. I let them remember those times I had a difficult time dealing with clients too. It makes them get to relax, pursued the clients and they will learn they be able to keep things in order.


Mompreneur


I am just fortunate enough to listen to and follow the advice of successful people that I know of. I have learned that once you set your goal, you should never give up and believe in yourself so that you may be able to put that into action. Passion is also important. You should always value your passion because it will enable you to help other achieve just like how I did it.


I also love traveling and my catering business helps me in fulfilling that desire. I can travel and experience the different culture. Of course, if I'm being honest, I don't just do this for work but also for pleasure. I value my relationship that I have formed with the variety of people I have dealt with, and I consider that relationship as a reward from the experiences I have gained from my business.

I start my day by thanking God. I put on my Mom's hat, and check on my two sons, how they are and what their plans for the day are. I also attended to household tasks and move onto my bank transaction, paperwork or other administrative things that need to be accomplished. Others that I have a tough time dealing with when it comes to my business, especially with regards to business legal matters, I call Global Link. They give me the best possible solution.




Then I spend some time on things that need to be done. I also believe in communication, hence I spend a lot of time doing it. It spreads more about my catering bsiness., the rest of the day I make sure I thank God for giving me this rewarding business. When I had my phone with me, I have everything at my fingertips, email, camera, contact and more. It makes doing business easier.  

Time management is the key to being a "Mompreneur". I am a single parent now. My husband died after years he lost his job, therefore, it is imperative that my children are involved in our business. they help me too. Time management ensures that work time is sometimes family time as well. Since my eldest son is taking culinary lessons, he sometimes helps me with many delicious and mouth-watering recipes that we could offer in our catering business. My youngest son is more my hands on help in our business. He calls our client, makes sure we present sample menu, conduct food tasting for our client or even close deal. I am very thankful for that. I was having more time for myself too, making sure I look presentable to our clients. The way you present yourself is very important in business. It is how you look enables your client think about you and your capabilities. It makes client's trust easy to gain.



Mompreneur




And since family time is important for me, I take time to take them both out once in while to catch up and get together with our extended families such as my cousins and mom.

I am thankful that even my husband leaves me early in raising my two sons, I was able to make it. I am able to practice a business that enables me to help others too, to enjoy time with my family and to experience the world through travel. I just keep in mind that the world is constantly turning, there will be times when I feel great and there will be those times when I'm down. I just put my heart into everything and open my mind to all the colors of the world.

I am also thankful that I have great two sons who help me in business. With them, I am strong to face any challenges that come with my catering business. They too, provide me moral support and advice when it comes to matters like competition market. It sounds like I have two angels plus the help of Global Link. Everything is so manageable for me.

At the end of the day, I never forget to give thanks to God for all my blessings in life and to return the glory to Him.

To reach my dreams, I just remember to plant good deeds, plant them deep and one-day harvest sweet fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Than 20 Ways To Earn In WordPress Blogging

Starting a blog in WordPress is as easy as any teens can do. In fact, we have found cases that teens are engaged in blogging in th...

Post Top Ad